Frequently Asked Questions
Eyelash extensions are semi-permanent false eyelashes that are glued to your individual lashes. There are few different types of eyelash extension: natural, synthetic, silk, mink and cashmere. And a few different styles in a range of lengths to choose from and curls.
When you’ve chosen your desired style of lashes, they are individually applied using a semi-permanent glue that won’t irritate your eyes or damage your natural lashes.
Because eyelash extensions are attached to your natural lashes, they last for one full growth cycle of your natural lashes, which is typically six to eight weeks. However, it’s important to remember that our lashes fall out at different times throughout that cycle so to keep your lashes looking full and natural you should have regular refill appointments every 2-4 weeks.
There are certain things you can do to help your lashes last longer, like avoiding touching them, avoiding mascara and heavy eye makeup, and trying to sleep without pressing your face into the pillow.
Eyelash extension price varies from salon to salon, but the basic cost for our services here in Sydney, are:
– Classic/2D Full Set (Natural Look) $159
– Russian Volume 3D-5D Full Set (Glamorous Look) $199
– Hybrid Full Set (Kardashian Look) $229
– Russian Volume 5D-7D Full Set (Dramatic Look) $259
– Russian Volume 7D-10D Full Set (Mega Volume) $299
– Eyelash infill appointments vary by length of appointment necessary but range from $99 – $139
– Eyelash Extension Removal $30
No, they can’t. Eyelash extension glue is formulated not to damage your lashes or irritate your skin. The only way eyelash extensions can be cause for damage to your natural lashes is if you rub, pull, or play with your eyelash extensions frequently. Essentially, if you wouldn’t do it to your natural lashes, you shouldn’t do it to your extensions.
Your first full set eyelash extensions take between two hours and two hours and a half, which are then maintained with touch-up appointments called “refills”, which will replace the eyelash extensions that have fallen out or damaged. Eyelash extension refill appointments usually take up to one hour and a half.
The best way to choose what style of eyelash extension will suit you best is to go for a consultation with your eyelash extension technician, as they will be able to advise you on the best way to get the look you want and what is possible for your lashes. Everyone’s eyelashes are different and to ensure your eyelash extensions last you have to work with your natural lashes. However, there are a few different eyelash extension types and styles you can choose from:
Eyelash Extension Types
– Natural eye
– Open eye
– Doll eye
– Soft cat eye
– Strong cat eye
Eyelash Extension Styles
– Natural look (classic or 2-3d) – with this set, thinner and softer eyelashes are used, applying for a few extensions on one natural lash, or one thicker extension on one natural lash is depends on client’s eyelashes. This set will make them look a bit fuller and fluttery, but at the same time very natural.
– Glamorous Look: this uses Russian Volume lashes to give a fuller, darker effect, while not being too much for wearing day-to-day.
– Kardashian Look/Hybrid lash extensions. This set is a mix between Classic lash extensions and a Russian Volume Set. Hybrid Set can be a perfect option to achieve light volume and wispy look.
– Dramatic Look: a full set of Russian Volume (5d-7d) that gives a full, dark, fluffy effect. Gives a dramatic false-lash effect.
– Mega Volume – Russian Volume lash extensions, dramatic look. 7d and more lash extensions multiply your eyelashes. 7d means that on every eyelash that is applied, 7 or more extra thin and light eyelash extensions. If you like Mega dramatic look that definitely for you.
The first thing you need to do is to follow any guidelines your technician gives you after your appointment. This often includes information about keeping water away from your eyelashes for the first 24 hours after your appointment, because the glue is vulnerable to water in this time.
You should avoid using oil-based makeup removers as this can weaken the glue so your lashes fall out faster, and avoid wearing heavy eye makeup that is difficult to remove, as you can break your lashes while rubbing your eye.
You can also use a clean mascara wand in the morning (brush style, not rubber teeth) to brush and untangle your lashes.
To clean your eyelash extensions, you can either purchase a cleaner designed specifically for eyelash extensions or gently use water or a water-based oil-free cleansers. Clean eyelashes with a lash foam and rinse with water, and gently brush your lashes. Don’t go overboard, as you’ll just damage them.
Russian Volume lashes are very fine synthetic lashes made from soft fibres which allow the technician to apply 2-8 fine lashes to every one of your real lashes. Russian Volume lashes are applied in a fan shape to give more volume. They are a great choice for a more voluminous look, and because they are so light they often last 50% than classic lashes – bonus!
You can cancel or reschedule your appointment via email, phone, or text message. Cancellations and rescheduling up to 48 hours before are free of charge. Cancellations and rescheduling less than 48 hours before your appointment or missed appointments will result in you losing your deposit.